Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review Secret Outlast Clear Gel Deodorant

I received Secret Outlast Clear Gel Deodorant for review in our Influenster Spring Fever VoxBox.
 
Let's start with the smell. There is no listed scent on the package so I'm not really sure what to call it, but it's strong. Not sure if it is more concentrated at the top of the tube or if I have just gotten used to it, but after a few days it doesn't seem quite as powerful a scent. It's a good smell but if you wear perfume it could compete with your chosen scent.
 
As for application, it's easy to use and goes on clean, without marks as advertised. You do have to wait a minute before putting your shirt on to let it dry or you get wet deodorant on your clothes. While you wait for it to dry it feels like you have been sweating and are wet. Then for about the first half hour of wear there is a slight sticky feeling. Both the wet and sticky go away as the deodorant dries and gets absorbed into the skin.
 
I personally try to wear mostly none antiperspirant deodorants or all organic but I'm not diligent with this and fall back to the cheaper versions more often than not. Of the regular types I do like gel deodorants, but I don't buy them for one very important reason, evaporation. Because of the extremely high water content of gel deodorants you can not store them for long and I buy stuff in bulk to save money. So if something is half gone when I get around to using it because it has a terrible shelf life them I'm not going to buy it whether it works or not.
 
Just for fun check out the funny ‘Deo Dance,’ starring Bravo star, Jenni Pulos, Here. It's a little play on the way we all try to 'dance' our way into our clothes to avoid getting white deodorant marks, and it's pretty funny!
 
I received all products complimentary from Influenster.
The views and opinions expressed are purely my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment