Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow Cream

Winding down the last of winter here and it got me to thinking about making ice cream using snow. Snow Cream is sort of a winter tradition around these parts, but it is one we'd never tried in our family. I asked a friend for her recipe and the girls and I set about making some yummy snow cream of our own. We made a couple adjustments and it turned out great....Hope you Enjoy our creation.

Snow Cream

1 gallon FRESH snow
1 tsp - 1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
2 cups milk
1 cup white sugar


If you'd like to make mint snow cream substitute mint extract in place of the vanilla.

 
 
 
 
Mix together the milk, sugar, and vanilla until the sugar is dissolved. If you like a stronger vanilla taste add a little more now.

Then add in the snow, folding it into your mix. It should look like white play-dough when it is done. You don't want it runny since it will start to melt and get creamier as you eat it. If it looks too runny just add more snow.
 
Check out the amazing sparkle the snow creates.
 
 
That's it, dish some up and enjoy!

1 comment :

Turtle Town Press said...

Hi Abbey, I just found your blog- I love it! I want to invite you to submit a craft for my upcoming book Alphabet Adventures.

Here's more information: http://alphabetadv.blogspot.com/2013/03/calling-all-mommy-bloggers.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Megan Cassidy
Author of Alphabet Adventures Blog and Alphabet Summer book

Post a Comment