Sunday, August 19, 2012

No Rub Remover

I just don't have the time or patience to sit and rub nail polish remover on my toes to scrub off the polish and let's be honest I'm just not that flexible anymore either. So I pretty much always just let them grow out. They go until they are chipped and half off on their own before someone tells me they look bad and I'm shamed into finally removing the polish.

So this time around when faced with glittery polish, which is by far the worst stuff to get off, I decided to try the no rub foil method of removal.

Armed with my remover, ugly polished toes, cotton balls, foil, and some tissues (in case of accidents) I set to work.

To begin you'll gather up your supplies from the above list and should also included a beverage, tv remote, snacks, and comfy clothes.             (Any none photographed items are optional.)

You only need to use a small chunk of cotton ball for each toe so 2 cotton balls should be enough to do both feet. I only used one for both.

Pour a little polish remover onto the cotton ball piece and place directly onto nail. You don't want this dripping wet, just use a little. Then rip a piece of foil big enough to go around your toe. Wrap foil piece around the cotton ball and your toe and squeeze it in place.

Once all ten piggies are covered sit back, relax and enjoy your snack. Or whatever else you actually need to be doing! How ever you choose to spend this time you'll want to let it sit on for about 5 minutes.

When you go to remove don't lift or unwrap the foil, instead pinch the foil down against your nail and pull the whole thing off together. The little bit of pressure will pull all the soaked polish right off. Just for the photo I lifted so you could see how easily the polish comes off.

Check for any missed spots, some polish can be very stubborn. Then give your toes a rinse to remove any left over remover. This method will also work on finger nails. Plus you can chase your kids pretending to have crazy witch fingers.

Now to decide what you want to put next on your newly clean and pretty toes. I decided to stare at how pretty they are clean and decided I'm still far too lazy and unflexible to paint them!

2 comments :

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

Wish I would have seen this a few days earlier! Just removed my old ugly polish! Totally going to have to try this next time. Awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing your link with us on our FB page the other day. Off to look at more! :)

Abbey from TheOtherSink said...

Thanks for visiting! I had forgotten to add you to our 'Blogs we love' list. I'm always checking to see the cute hair-do's you and Jenn over at Girly Do's come up with.

Post a Comment