Thursday, July 5, 2012

Best seat in the house

When hubby and I first got married we lived in a tiny apartment with no where to put anything, especially in the bathroom. So being desperate for shelf space we bought a cheap over the toilet standing shelf.

We loaded it full and when we moved to another apartment that had a shelf above the toilet, we moved it to the kitchen and used the top half as a baker's rack sitting on the counter. (Multi-functioning already see?!)

So when we bought our house and no longer needed a cheap metal shelf I figured why toss it, maybe I can do something with it. But what? Well I thought it looks like a bench, so let's make a bench. So that's exactly what I did. I kept two shelves and back section and used the support bars from lower down to piece it together. Then I grabbed some scrap fabric and sewed a cover over the top shelf. Finished the seat off with some batting inside and stitched up the back to keep it all in. Finally I added spare bed frame feet we had lying around and this is what we ended up with. As you can tell it was a big hit!

No comments :

Post a Comment