Friday, March 21, 2014

Nautical Spring with Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores

Nautical designs are trending this Spring and we partnered up with Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores to create a fun new Nautical feel for our bathroom remodel. You can find out what is trendy this spring and get crafty ideas on the Jo‐Ann spring inspiration website. Jo-Ann is making spring crafting easy during National Craft Month with a coupon for $5 off $25 purchase or more.

I ended up finding some great baskets for storage (50% off), macrame cording, mini-tote bags (on clearance), and star fish. Everything in the photo, including two baskets was under $40.

My first project uses the macrame cord. I tied several monkey fist sailor knots in 32" sections of cording. Looks much harder than it is. Just follow these simple step-by-step directions I found on Animated Knots. I tied about 10 of these to use in a few different places in the bathroom. I hung one on each end of the towel bar, looped one around the cabinet pull, two more as little handles on the baskets for under the sink, and used a few more as decorative hangers (you'll see those at work in a minute).




My next project was to make some decorative soap storage using the mini-tote bags. I used some glitter stain spray and a seashell to create a worn beach look on the bag. You could use any kind of sprayable paint, this kind is make for paper so it will wash off. To get the extra shell detail lines just flip the seashell over as soon as you spray and roll is around in the blank spot.


I only made one bag for now but I found a couple places it looked cute so I'm going to make more with different shell prints. The one on the sink is paired with a candle and a pillar jar full of shells and could be used to hold a handful of decorative soaps. The one on the shower door was hung with the monkey knot from early and holds a spare bar of soap.
















The above review is part of the Jo-­‐Ann Fabric And Craft Stores® National Craft Month campaign. I received compensation for this review; however, the views and opinions expressed are purely my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment