Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review Yummi Pouch

A couple weeks ago I was contacted by Andy and Katie from Yummi Pouch to see about doing a review. Up until now I have not tried or bought any of these food bag / pouch products so I figured this was a great chance to give them a try and see what all the fuss was about.





Well you can check me down as a convert because I love these little pouches.

We went to the Zoo and shopping the other week around A's birthday so we were out and about all day and I wanted to give the kids a smoothie treat. I love smoothies, kids do too, pretty sure if we could live off blender foods we would!

I went really simple for this one. All frozen fruits I had on hand. If I have too much of something get ripe I cut it up and freeze it for smoothies. So this time we had papaya, banana, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, blackberry and greek yogurt cubes. Blended it all up with some Apple Juice and it was the prefect level of sweet without adding any sugar. And the color was beautiful!







I wasn't sure how to pour such a runny mixture in without making a mess so I grabbed a funnel and put the bag in a measuring cup to hold. It worked like a charm, no spills, perfect! (Latter I used these bags for applesauce and when you pour from a smaller container or with something a bit thicker its actually really easy to just hold the bag and pour right in.) They offer a Funnel Filling Pitcher in their store that I think would be a great investment for added ease of filling.

I'll admit I had a hard time not over filling these. I thought I put in the perfect amount to not go past the fill line and I had to dump a little out almost every time. But that's just me!

The kids couldn't wait to try these out and lined up, dirty faces and all to get theirs. All thumbs up from the mini's and refilling for a second helping was super easy.




Best of all these are dishwasher and freezer safe so when you are all done you just toss them in the dishwasher. I would recommend that if you put something with seeds inside that you hand rinse to make sure the seeds are all washed away!

We did have two small issues arise in use. The first isn't really a problem more just something we noticed. The cap is a locking cap so the tabs break after use. It doesn't affect the cap function you just have to break them off. The second would be that one bag had the zipper part pull away at the top so it no longer seals. They said this is rare but they have a 30 Day product gaurantee on any unused, defective or damaged products and you just have to contact them for a refund or replacement.
With smiles like these we will not only be using ours more often but we may need to add a few to our supply. Starting in 2 weeks they will have brand new prints on some fun design pouches and currently they offer cute dishwasher safe stickers, a spoon attachment, and other accessories to both add function and fun to your pouch experience.
Yummi Pouch

I received all products complimentary from YummiPouch for review.
The views and opinions expressed are purely my own.

3 comments :

Katie said...

Hi! Katie here at Yummi Pouch. Thanks for the great review! I love your photos. Here are a few tips based on your post.

1. An easy way to not overfill the pouch is to fill to the bottom of the spout. It's an easy reference point when looking inside the pouch.

2. The tabs on the cap will kinda bend but not break off. You'll need to use scissors to remove them completely. This doesn't affect the functionality of the cap, and I don't bother with the tabs on our caps. Plus our caps are interchangeable with all the other pouch caps out there!

3. Our product guarantee does not require you to send your defective pouches back. We are happy to send any complimentary replacements if you email us at contact@yummipouch.com with your concerns. We have had about a 1% manufacturing defect rate, although we are always working to minimize that. Overall they should last a long time with regular care. I've been using mine for 3 months. ^_^

Thank you! We work really hard to bring you the best customer service possible. The happy kids that love our pouches are our favorite reason for doing what we do. :)


Katie

Abbey from TheOtherSink said...

Katie.....thank so much for the extra info!!

SoccerMama9 said...

We have used and abused our Yummi Pouch's on a daily basis for about 5 months freezing, filling, washing in the dishwasher and even forgot one in a lunchbox in the car...ewww and they have survived. I've looked at other pouches on the market and these hold the most. Can't wait to get my hands on some new patterns.

Post a Comment